Louisville, United States
Louisville is situated on the bank of river Ohio and is the largest city in Kentucky. The city was founded by George Rogers Clark in 1778.Every year Kentucky Derby is organized in this city and attracts a large number of visitors. You can see the influence of both southern and Midwest culture in Louisville.
Things to do-
- Churchill Downs- It is home to Kentucky Derby, the famous horse race of Kentucky.
- Kentucky Kingdom- A huge amusement Park with the famous water park Hurricane Bay.
- Mega Cavern- The main attraction here is the underground Bike Park.
- Old Louisville- This historic town is mostly built of Bricks and majority of the houses are in Victorian style.
- Falls of the Ohio State Park
- Louisville Zoo- You will find a wide variety of animals here and also splash park
- Kentucky Derby Museum- Displays the famous horse race
- Muhammad Ali Center
- Frazier History Museum- There is a lot to see here and is an awesome place to take kids along.
- Cherokee Park- It is one of the best Parks in Louisville spread over an area of 409 acres.
- Kentucky Science Center- This museum has a lot for the Kids; Hands on exhibitions, Educational programs, films and a lot more.
- Thomas Edison House
What to eat?
If you are visiting Derby then Bourbon is a must to have. Some of the other must try are-
- Fried chicken sandwich at Royal’s Hot Chicken
- Pho at LaQue
- Cornbread Pancakes at the Silver Dollar
- Chochlate chip cookies at Please and thankyou
- Tok-Sel Beans at Mayan Café
- Grilled Kabayaki Eel at Milkwood
- Hot Brown from the Brown Hotel